free website stats program Almost a year with my HD | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost a year with my HD

Is it not great when are Misses are interested in our passion for our bikes.....:s

And...if you own it (debt free) - even better. Glad to see you're enjoying the HD experience and here's to many more to come!

Good to hear some positive feedback. Sometimes when you read these forums you get an incorrect assessment of the reliability of the bikes we ride. The truth is there are many thousands of Harleys that run forever without an issue. A forum like this will have a lopsided view of the true reliability.

I own two fine examples of Harley quality, a Touring and a Softail. I love the brand.

As another member once wrote here, I never let my bike log into the forum and get any bad ideas. :lolrolling

This is worth emphasizing in my opinion. If you are new to product forums such as this, you need to remember that problems will be over represented. Most owners have a relatively trouble free experience. What generates threads are the few problems that do crop up. This was an expensive lesson I learned a few years ago.
After years of Japanese bike ownership I finally bought my first Harley. I had heard all the horror stories of issues with Harley’s but the bike really appealed to me. Shortly after the purchase I joined this forum (a first for me) and was soon reading about all the problems people were having with their bikes. Now my Road King never gave me a problem but I began to feel like I was riding a ticking time bomb, surely my bike was just a throttle twist away from one of the catastrophic problems that I was reading about.
My nerves got the best of me, I sold the Road King and went back to a Japanese brand. But since I had discovered forums, I joined one dedicated to my Yamaha. Guess what, soon I’m reading about all sorts of problems people are having with their Yamahas just like people with Harleys. So my Yamaha has just as many potential issues, but it also has a maintenance schedule that was a nightmare. To change an air filter was a 4 hour job, spark plugs were 2 hours minimum, god help you if a head light burned out and I don’t even want to talk about valve adjustments. I couldn’t believe they would design a bike so hard to work on, but they did. So I finally sold the Yamaha and bought a Super Glide Custom and, for now, am a happy man. :D

I have always said when you manufacture many of any one thing a few bad ones will pop up. I also rode metrics for most of my life and then bought the first Harley. I sure wished I had change years ago. All in all the Harleys now days are like Timex watches....

And...if you own it (debt free) - even better. Glad to see you're enjoying the HD experience and here's to many more to come!

Amen too debt free! You know for several years I have caught myself looking at newer Harleys than the one I own, 2003 E/G. Then I got to thinking, the one I own has been trouble free, has been very dependable and has a smooth ride and the wife loves it other than the color. I can make several over night road trips on one monthly payment!:bigsmiley12:

Back