free website stats program Almost a year with my HD | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost a year with my HD

Mongo1958

I've had my 2009 Ultra for about 10 months. Man I really like this bike and the dealer, far beyond the metric dealers I've dealt with. I feel like I have a piece of American history as well as a nice cruiser. I’ve had an 04 Goldwing, and 09 Voyager. I truly love my 09 Ultra. American by design and made in the USA (well, most of it any way).

Thanks for all of your help here at "HDTimeline" for the info you have given.

Y'all Rock

Sounds like a great 10 months....)I here you just found some time to wash it...Enjoy your ride ...Mat

I've had my 2009 Ultra for about 10 months. Man I really like this bike and the dealer, far beyond the metric dealers I've dealt with. I feel like I have a piece of American history as well as a nice cruiser. I’ve had an 04 Goldwing, and 09 Voyager. I truly love my 09 Ultra. American by design and made in the USA (well, most of it any way).

Y'all Rock

Glad your enjoying your scoot. I was up in Newnan, Georgia this past weekend visiting family. Your little town is very quaint and I enjoyed my stay, looking forward to more visits.

I have friends in Sebring Fla. I plan to ride down there at the end of June.
Sounds like a Meet and Eat Opportunity. :D
Glad your enjoying your scoot. I was up in Newnan, Georgia this past weekend visiting family. Your little town is very quaint and I enjoyed my stay, looking forward to more visits.

yeah, I end up riding in the rain some times to and from work.

I ride everyday and end up in the rain quite a bit. Everybody always asks "I cant believe your ride that thing in the rain" My response is always, "Its only water".

I heard all kinds of bad news as well. Many of my friends ride other brands. I've always wanted a HD. After my last issue with the Voyager and the dealer (Cycle City in Newnan). I went to the Harley Dealer (Great South) and swapped my ride. I found this web site and learned how to work on my bike and where to get what I need to do it.
Too bad that one of the internet places I went to for tools is gone. I don't remember the name but it kind of sounded like an Italian name.

Good to hear some positive feedback. Sometimes when you read these forums you get an incorrect assessment of the reliability of the bikes we ride. The truth is there are many thousands of Harleys that run forever without an issue. A forum like this will have a lopsided view of the true reliability.

I own two fine examples of Harley quality, a Touring and a Softail. I love the brand.

As another member once wrote here, I never let my bike log into the forum and get any bad ideas. :lolrolling

Reading this got me thinkin that my 1 year Harley owner anniversary is comming up on June 18. Our 20th wedding anniversary is June 20 so now I'm going to have to buy 2 gifts..1 for the wife and the other for my heritage but have 1 massive PARTY. :cheers
Wouldn't trade either of them for anything

Wow, congrats! Very cool indeed. BTW my birthday is the 19th. My wife is getting me a gift for the Harley. SWEET!:D

Reading this got me thinkin that my 1 year Harley owner anniversary is comming up on June 18. Our 20th wedding anniversary is June 20 so now I'm going to have to buy 2 gifts..1 for the wife and the other for my heritage but have 1 massive PARTY. :cheers
Wouldn't trade either of them for anything

Y'all Rock
Coming upon the 2nd year of owning this bike. If I was given the chance, I would do it again. This bike has been very reliable and the Harley style, fit and finish is 2nd to none (in my opinion based on the bikes t hat I've had in the past). Thanks again!
WAP.gif

Back