free website stats program Alligator Alley At Night ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Alligator Alley At Night ???

BuzzCap7

I am planning on riding Alligator Alley (Rte 75) at night about 11p all the way from the west Florida to east Florida. Am riding an '09 Ultra Classic. Going solo. I am an accomplished rider.

Question: Is it unsafe to ride THIS road at night by myself?

Thank you in advance,

BuzzCap7

Been on it at night...went from Ft. Myers to Ft. Lauderdale no problems...cept the toll booth..i hate toll booth when ya ridin a Motorcycle..ugh! if we knew they were there is one thing...lol Did not see any Alligators but heard they are there sometimes...I'm from Missouri..we see deer thats bad enough...lol I would have freaked out probably...lol I will say one thing at night sure was very lil traffic.

Unless you have a REAL good reason, I wouldn't do it. Gators won't be basking on the road but they could very well be crossing it right when you come by. Not sure if deer and panthers are a problem that far south. My main concerns would be your level of alertness on a long/straight/boring road at that time of night and also the possibility of a breakdown combined with the untimely arrival of some less than friendly visitors, if you get my drift. People, not critters!

Traved that road tons of time in the daytime going down for lobster season. There are fences on both sides of the roads just about the whole length of it, so I wouldn't be concerned about gators. Wild pig or a deer, defenetly. Don't forget to look out for Burmese Pythons. As long as you're mentally aware riding overnight, I wouldn't be against it. Sounds kinda fun actually!!

Traved that road tons of time in the daytime going down for lobster season. There are fences on both sides of the roads just about the whole length of it, so I wouldn't be concerned about gators. Wild pig or a deer, defenetly. Don't forget to look out for Burmese Pythons. As long as you're mentally aware riding overnight, I wouldn't be against it. Sounds kinda fun actually!!

Your idea of fun sure is different than mine! :p

I really don't think a fence is going to stop a determined gator. Do you have any idea how strong those monsters are? I think the fences are more to keep the stupid humans out of the swamp!

I was going to mention the snakes but figured I'd be laughed off the forum. Seriously, folks have been releasing Burmese Pythons and African Rock Pythons into the Everglades for years and now they're seriously making themselves at home down there. Fences ain't gonna stop them either! I'm not afraid of snakes but I certainly wouldn't want to hit a big one doing 70 MPH or so.

WoW..if I had know all this..this old Missouri boy would not have made that trek at least not at night...I won't let my wife read this post . She will kill me . The fact is we did not even know it was called Alligator Alley.....I feel kind dumb....lol well not kinda .. Snakes ,pigs ,Gators, deer...panthers...here we jus worry bout deer, rabbits, possums,raccoons, and the occasional cow and the ever loving skunk! I guess i got it pretty good up Missouri Way.

Alligator Alley? Have to keep that in mind! As for the fences on both sides I have to agree with Dr. Doolittle, probably there to keep people out.

Well i don't have to worry about gators or pythons. Just deer, elk, moose, mountain sheep and bears. skunks, racoons etc. Think I'd become VERY religous if I saw a Gator! :D

Well i don't have to worry about gators or pythons. Just deer, elk, moose, mountain sheep and bears. skunks, racoons etc. Think I'd become VERY religous if I saw a Gator! :D

What he said.:D
Gator would definitely make me freak on the road:11:

Back