free website stats program all turn signals out | Harley Davidson Forums

all turn signals out

DFM rider

my 1995 hd FatBoy turn signals have stopped working. My front bulbs with the 2 elements turn on but the turn signals do not. Ive loked under the seat as directed by my Harley buddies but I did not see a fuse box or anything that resembles one what would you look for? (I have looked for loose wires and replaced bulbs to eliminate those issues)

Does the bike have stock turn signals and turn signal wiring? Would you have the factory schematics for it. If so, your 90% there.

Locate the fuse box, it's there and check the fuses. Also check the wiring under the rear fender for rub through spots which could put the rear lights out and not the front. They will not blink either if this is the case.

No factory schematics but i do think they are stock trn signals

Where's your HD service manual? :D

Worth getting one for times like this.

When you say the fronts "turn on" do you mean they go to the brighter filament when you put the directionals on? Nothing going on in the rear signals?

I just dont see a fuse box I have had other riders stop by and they scratch there head looking for the fuse box Im down to taking off gas tank cover looking under it

front running elements work but no turn front or back

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for circuit breakers. The older bikes sometimes had more circuit breakers than fuses.

So what you are saying is that you have NO directionals at all?

tn187s3.jpg

yes no directionals the schematic is what it looks like under my seat is the item 162 shown on schem the problem or 90

great help and i will next week, get my hd manual thanks for all the help and schematics
at 42yrs old im a new rider, great story how i got my bike ill post it one day

Back