free website stats program All Trike Kits | Harley Davidson Forums

All Trike Kits

zoood

Product Contributor
This is for anyone that has built their own trike with a kit or have worked on theirs since they took possession of their trike. For instance,... for those that have taken a look at their wheel bearings. More and more Im seeing Chinese junk incorporated in just about anything we buy these days. For the kit owners out there. When you check your wheel bearings. Look to see if they are in fact Timken bearings, made in the USA or Chinese. The Chinese bearings for one. Is total junk. Ive 7000 miles on my trike and bearings are causing abnormal wear to the races. Im replacing them all. Besides the unwanted wear. Some of the races even have cracks in them. I had properly greased and packed my bearings. So there's no need to explain to me how to do this. What Im wondering if others are also noticing the poor quality of kits. Yes some kits look very nice on the outside. But untill you go into one. You don't actually know what your paying for as a whole. Though they say their built in the USA. They are actually outsourced to China, resulting in junk for the US consumer.

zoood

Thanks, I will check mine only got 2000 miles on it, but it is a Champion, & everthing seems to be made in the USA, don't think I will have a problem, I think this is the best trike kit on the market, checked into lots of trikes! This one has a mechanical reverse no little starter motor to burn out or wear your battery down!

Thanks, I will check mine only got 2000 miles on it, but it is a Champion, & everthing seems to be made in the USA, don't think I will have a problem, I think this is the best trike kit on the market, checked into lots of trikes! This one has a mechanical reverse no little starter motor to burn out or wear your battery down!

I havent ever needed a reverse as of yet. I always watch how I chose my parking spot. Did that even with the two wheeler. If I ever do the reverse. It will be the gear driven one. The electric idea reminds me of starting a car in gear.

I don't use mine a lot but have used it some trikes are easier to back up then
a 2 wheller but is nice to have the safety net! Mechanical is the only way to go, I installed my own it wasn't to bad of a job.

Back