free website stats program All ready to go | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

All ready to go

Well having had a few days of rest and perhaps got through the worst of the pain as the muscles seem ok now as it has been a week since my misadventure we will be back on the road in the morning we have a 300 mile day tomorrow then a day of how we feel then Thursday 200 miles to the ferry and then 350 miles home on Friday if the weather stays with us
Ribs are sore and will be for some time we are expecting 14 centigrade with lots of rain tomorrow so will be ready for a beer at the bikers loft tomorrow night we are meeting a couple on their way to Ireland for a weeks tour on a BMW r650rt I have never heard of this model as in UK only a 1000 and an 850 were available as an air head touring bike so I will be a wee bit interested to see it

Brian
WAP.gif

Well having had a few days of rest and perhaps got through the worst of the pain as the muscles seem ok now as it has been a week since my misadventure we will be back on the road in the morning we have a 300 mile day tomorrow then a day of how we feel then Thursday 200 miles to the ferry and then 350 miles home on Friday if the weather stays with us
Ribs are sore and will be for some time we are expecting 14 centigrade with lots of rain tomorrow so will be ready for a beer at the bikers loft tomorrow night we are meeting a couple on their way to Ireland for a weeks tour on a BMW r650rt I have never heard of this model as in UK only a 1000 and an 850 were available as an air head touring bike so I will be a wee bit interested to see it

Brian
WAP.gif
Good to hear you are on the mend, have you tried wrapping up in an Ace bandage to lessen the pain? How bout some pics of that BMW? Good Luck Brian:s

As things have gone over the last few days we have had no problems apart from my trusty old softail dying as we crossed the border from Germany to Holland on Tuesday i think too much water in the engine kill switch a couple of flicks of the switch and we were on our way again
That had been a day of torrential rain and a 30 mile detour as a motorway was closed met our friends at the bikers loft consumed a lot of amber pain killers
Wednesday a quiet day of recovery a wee bit of shopping and an early night
Thursday trip across Belgium and Holland to the ferry port 200 miles and a lot of heavy rain i managed to get an upgrade of cabin on the ferry as i couldn't get on to a top bunk on our booked cabin wife said from now on we will always pay for the top accommodation on the ferry hap a few amber pain killers and early to bed
Friday sea rough wife seasick got off ferry about 1030 and headed home very slow progress at times as the traffic was slow and there are a lot of roadworks on the 350 mile journey home however not a drop of rain first day of the trip with no rain 30 miles from home the sky cleared and we saw the sun sometimes it just feels good to be home
I still have a fair bit of pain sleeping is the worst part of my day but tonight i will be in my own bed
Due to being preoccupied camera did not come out too often so i do not have more than a few photos that i may post later if i find my camera

Brian

So glad you are home safe Brian. Gosh, in a way it sounded like a rough trip, but at the same time, I could read between the lines and see that it was probably a lot of fun despite the accident and the weather. As much as I love to ride, it's always great to be home. Now it's time to rest up so you can ride pain free in the near future.
Welcome home!
Sandy

Back