free website stats program all I did was change the turn signal lenses, now.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

all I did was change the turn signal lenses, now..

One last thing. Did you by chance by that smoked lense kit from J&P Cycle? I bought one that came with bulbs? Bulbs were not good! I was gonna say (EDIT) but don't want a rap on fingers. LOL Once I got better bulbs problems went away.

uh, yes I did :). I was in the shed today and checked the rear and front....of course I couldnt make it act up today but I did pull the bulbs, recheck the install...if it acts up again I will get new bulbs....thanks for the insight on the J&P kit..

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be wrong with just changing the yelloe lens to the smoked ones and not changing the bulbs ? I know the smoked come with yellow bulbs so would the smoked lens just be too bright not using the yellow bulbs ? I suppose they would be more white then even with the smoked lens .

against the law in most states if the turn signals are not amber....the smoke lenses and clear bulbs would not be amber....same with your brake light. If you go smoked, you would have to put a colored bulb in there to make it red...

That makes sense , I think the turn signal's should be red and also act as brake lights standard , not as an after market switch .

...... always put a light coating of di-electric grease on the contacts before installing the bulb. A tube of di-electric grease is less then $3.00 and will last years. .... .....

+1 Absolutely need to use the di-electric grease. .... ...... ......

Where do you guys buy this ? I live in Central Florida and I have been looking for this stuff in all the auto stores and nobody has it. Some of them don't even know what I am talking about when I tell them di-electric. One of them ask me if I was installing a hot water heater.

I too had the same response when changing a light bulb that had burnt out. I bought a new bulb at a auto parts store that appeared to be the same as the stock HD one. But it began that quick flash. I then purchased oem from the dealer and did not have any more issues. Don't know why, if there is a difference or was just a coincidence.

ride safe, tom

One last thing. Did you by chance by that smoked lense kit from J&P Cycle? I bought one that came with bulbs? Bulbs were not good! I was gonna say (EDIT) but don't want a rap on fingers. LOL Once I got better bulbs problems went away.

Better look at the rules again... I've been getting slapped here recently. Think you'll find that substituting symbols for the letters is banned also. Maybe they won't find yours... but, if my posts are any indication, you'll be getting a private message soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back