free website stats program All Electrical - POOF | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

All Electrical - POOF

. Any guidance on how to go about this?

It's your bike and you do whatever you want. But if I was you, I would not touch anything until it fails and you can put a meter on it. Right now you have a PREDICTABLE intermittent problem.

Moving cables, checking wires and disturbing the way everything is right now MAY accidently "fix" this problem. The "problem" will go away and you won't know why. That is until it happens a day, week or month down the road.

Right now you have a workable issue to repair. Don't turn it into a "Ghost" or "Trouble Unknown" condition by disturbing the system.

Hoop,

Not going to look at the ECM plug until I can do the checks you outlined the next time it dies. Right now your troubleshooting guidelines are #1 on the list. Once I have that information and have defined at least the two endpoints for the trouble, then I can do other things on my list.

Got the battery checked this morning. Took it to BatteriesPlus and they said it was in like new condition. I guess no one actually loads them down any more, they just put special test meter on it.

Hoop,

Not going to look at the ECM plug until I can do the checks you outlined the next time it dies. Right now your troubleshooting guidelines are #1 on the list. Once I have that information and have defined at least the two endpoints for the trouble, then I can do other things on my list.

Got the battery checked this morning. Took it to BatteriesPlus and they said it was in like new condition. I guess no one actually loads them down any more, they just put special test meter on it.

A lot of the new smart testers work pretty good and fast OTC makes a very good unit, it is capable of testing the battery temperature before it starts the test:s

The new testers may work but I am still not convinced. To me it's like wondering what a guy can Bench Press in weight but instead you ask him to skip rope and run a treadmill. You take those numbers and grind them through some formula in a computer and the printer spits out a slip of paper that says "this guy SHOULD be able to bench press 425 lbs 6 times".

I would just rather throw the guy on a Bench Press and see what he REALLY can do.

Want to know what I think. I think once they sold everyone in the world a Sun Vat 40 they had to come up with something new to sell.

The new testers may work but I am still not convinced. To me it's like wondering what a guy can Bench Press in weight but instead you ask him to skip rope and run a treadmill. You take those numbers and grind them through some formula in a computer and the printer spits out a slip of paper that says "this guy SHOULD be able to bench press 425 lbs 6 times".

I would just rather throw the guy on a Bench Press and see what he REALLY can do.

Want to know what I think. I think once they sold everyone in the world a Sun Vat 40 they had to come up with something new to sell.

I still have my Vat with a good carbon pile Well you know the rest of this story:s

Back