free website stats program All Electa Glide Gauges Stopped Working | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

All Electa Glide Gauges Stopped Working

Strange all the gauges would be out at the same time unless there is a break in the main harness feeding the fairing

Re: Speed Sensor Pickup Problem Symptoms

volt meter are not working. the backlights are working.

The FUEL, VOLTMETER, OIL PRESSURE, and AIR TEMPERATURE gauges are all sitting on Zero while the engine is running but they ALL still have backlighting when it is dark? (some gauges don't have ZERO on the face so lets say "pegged to the left")

If that is TRUE, does the cigar lighter still work?
If YES, does the Headlight work in BOTH high and low beam?

Something is not making sense. Either the backlighting for the voltmeter or the headlight should also not be working.

Similiar problem on my dyna,blown fuse was cause and fix.

I had the exact same problem on my '06 EG, no gauges working, but all the lights worked the codes were "lost serial data to the speedo".
I removed all the fuses and cleaned them and the fuse block with electrical parts cleaner and a stiff brush, coated them with di-electric grease and reinstalled. Also cleaned the ECM connection and the battery terminals.
Everything has worked ok since.
Hope this helps.

ok all are pegged left. I checked today and realized the FUEL, VOLTMETER, OIL PRESSURE, and AIR TEMPERATURE guages do not have the back light. The cigarette lighter works,both high and lowbeam work. The speedo and tack have backlight and somehow my brain (or lack of) saw them as ALL working. hope this helps somehow. I also cleaned the fuses and connections as posted by someone else.

ok all are pegged left. I checked today and realized the FUEL, VOLTMETER, OIL PRESSURE, and AIR TEMPERATURE guages do not have the back light.

With the ignition key switch ON and engine not running, check the voltage on BOTH sides of the "Instruments" fuse. You should read 12 volts. If you read 12 volts on only one side, the fuse is bad. If you read 0 volts on BOTH sides, replace the relay labeled "Power Relay".
I could not find the location of the Power Relay. You may need to look in a parts manual because I did not see it in the service manual.

See the Power Relay in the attachment that feeds the instrument fuse. Check the voltage at the fuse. There is a small probe test point built into the fuse.
If the fuse tests with a meter as Good, most likely the relay is bad.

Attachments

• Power_Relay.pdf
    79.6 KB · Views: 27
Back