free website stats program Alignment Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Alignment Question

a_myrv

2009 Sportster Iron 883 3500+ miles

I'm planning to visit my friendly service dept but wanted to get y'alls input on my suspicion about alignment. I have suspected for several weeks that my bike is not running straight but have not tried to set up a way to check it. I have tried running a slalom pattern on the road late at night when there is no traffic and when I check the way the tire is scrubbed both the front and rear are darker on the left side than the right side by 1/4-3/8". Is this bogus or is there something to this pattern?

I seem to always get a shimmy when doing a turn at 60-65 mph which is a little unsettling. I have re-torqued the stem bolt, put air pressure to specs but it doesn't inspire much confidence especially on a rough road or one with cracks in the pavement.

I don't mind going to the dealer but I don't feel I should have to pay for something like this if it was this way from dealer prep.

Alan

You can check your axle alignment, measure the distance from center of axle to center of rear fork pivot bolt, should be the same on both sides of bike. If the bike is still under warranty take it to the dealer, there could be a problem other then axle alignment? You paid for the warranty when you bought the bike, use it.

Back