free website stats program alarm systems | Harley Davidson Forums

alarm systems

I have an add on. Digital Guard Dawg. Less than $200. Just swap out the starter relay and program the fob. Self arming. I wanted something that would disable the bike if I had to go into the gas station to pay or into MacDonald or leave the bike unattended for a few moments.

I'm thinking about putting the loud alarm module on my 08 FLHT for peace of mind.

I have the HD security, with siren. It arms when I turn off the bike and does not turn off until I get in rage with the FOB. Bike will not start other wise and if someone messes with the bike they get a very loud siren, in their ear.

I do think it's worth it. JMHO
:USA

I have the HD security system. I added the loud alarm also. It may not be necessary, but it is a comfort to know it will at least slow the thieves down.

just out of curiosity ... how many of you folks have alarms/security systems on your bikes?
is it worth the $$$?

Security alarm kit by itself is $100 MSRP or so...but if you install it yourself, you save a lot of money. Yes it is worth it, if you want the loud audible alarm and the money you save installing it yourself. It is a decent investment, only thing is on my Sportster unit mounts on a tray in between the frame tubes unider the engine...terrible location where it can pick up road kill and grunge... :reyes

just out of curiosity ... how many of you folks have alarms/security systems on your bikes?
is it worth the $$$?

Unlike car alarms, people will pay attention when a bike alarm goes off particularly if in a crowd of bikes. You may at least get some pix of the bad guys from peoples' phones. But if your bike is parked way off is some cage parking lot by itself, practically useless. Park on the sidewalk.

TQ

Mine came with the factory security system.. but then realized it didn't have a siren. So I bought the Smart Siren, installed myself from the directions posted on this site and I'm good to go. IMO worth the $$$ I paid for it, especially the added siren.

I installed the Smart Siren II and also bought the remote pager. Gives peace of mind when going in somewhere and the bike is out of sight. IMO, great investment!

Back