free website stats program alarm system nightmare | Harley Davidson Forums

alarm system nightmare

darrn61

2007 Sportster's alarm system has gone haywire. I disconnected and reconnected battery, and inadvertently screwed up the alarm system. Now when I try to start it, lights flashing, bike won't start!!
I have tried every possible combination of signal pressing from every source I could find for reprogramming the system,removed the EMC fuse for 15 minutes, tried sitting on, and not sitting on bike while attempting reprogramming, but not luck so far.
Anyone with any ideas that maybe I haven't tried?

I would try turning on ignition and removing Maxi fuse. Turn off ignition. Turn on ignition and re-install Maxi fuse. . Turn off ignition.

Try it now & see what happens..
Make sure FOB is close by.

Darrn; When you turn the ign. switch on, the signals flash, and no response from starter? My buddy just had this problem Saturday. Out in the middle of nowhere, his bike's signals flashed, and wouldn't start. We switched batteries in our Fobs, and his started, mine wouldn't. Switched again, and we were both running. He got a new fob battery and all is well. They are common, he got his at a grocery store (#2032?) it's marked on the batt. :)

2032 is used in most computers to maintain the cmos data so they are a common size of battery

Brian

Brian,

I tried what you suggested... no luck. next stop is grocery store for battery. I tested the one that was in the fob with a voltmeter, and it seemed to have the right voltage.... so I don't know if that will do the trick.. I will be really p.o.'d if that is all it is. I have tried every other suggestion, code, process. The security code seems to have been erased, and I bought the bike used, and never thought to inquire about the security code...repo company has no record of previous codes. I even removed the battery with ignition on then turned it off, then turned it on again, and reinstalled battery, and that didn't work either. Bettery is fully charged, and charging system working fine. That was next in line after the maxifuse attempt.. I am about to be bald from pulling my hair out.. You have no idea what a pain disconnecting and reconnecting the 07 sportster battery is!!... But I will keep trying until I get to the bottom of it.. If all else fails, I guess I will have to give into the much hated trailering the bike to the dealer and I will have to sell my firstborn child to pay for the parts/fees. Or maybe I will give my left arm.. either way it will be painful. Thanks for all your suggestions. I will keep you posted on my future attempts. Ride Safe.

Darrn; I hope the battery works for you. If not, try entering the bike's serial numbers last 5 digits in reverse doing the security bypass. The last 5 # backwards is the usual factory default code.

Have you tried 3-1-3-1-3, 1-1-1-1-1 or the last 5 digits of the vin to disarm?
Have you tried all of these things?
SECURITY SYSTEM (HFSM)
If the fob is present, and the security system is issuing “warnings” or “Alarm” when the motorcycle is moved, the reason may be one of the following:
1. Strong electromagnetic interference in the area you have parked.
a. Verify you have not placed your fob in metal enclosure, or within 3 in. of other electronic devices.
b. Place fob on the vehicle seat and turn the ignition key ON. After the system disarms, the fob can be placed back in its carrying location.
c. Try moving the motorcycle approximately 15 feet (4.57 m) away from the current parking spot.
2. The fob battery is dead - use PIN to disarm the vehicle, and replace fob battery.
3. Fob is damaged - Use PIN to disarm the vehicle. Replace the fob.

Didn't work...last attempt for the day. I will go get a battery and try that, even though voltmeter said battery I have is fully charged.

Chopper, you have saved my biking life!! I have had success with entering all 1's in the pin screen. System continues to flash when turned on again, but if I enter code, it starts.. that's progress at least. Any ideas how to proceed from here? Do I need a new fob?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back