free website stats program Alarm Siren location | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm Siren location

Dferr

Does anyone know where the alarm siren is located on a 2006 street glide? I found a plug behind the right side cover with three wires in it, the colors are gray, black, and red, is this the right plug? I read the wire corors should be brown, back and red.

Thanks, Don

Below is a copy/paste from a post I made 2/15/11.

From what I have read, it seems the alarm connector is in different locations on different models for different years. I put the Radio Shack alarm on my '07 Electra Glide yesterday. My connector was located behind the ECM module mount, under the Right side cover. I did not take the ECM off the mount, I removed the two 7/16" hex nuts and the whole bracket and ECM came off. The 3 wire connector is there, and so is a compartment for theHD siren. I used double stick tape to mount the siren. Red wire on siren goes to brown on connector, and black on siren to green. EZ as can be. I didn't make any special connectors, just stripped the wires back a bit more, bent in two, and soldered. That made the wires thick enough to firmly fit into the connector. Then I just folded the wires against the connector, and put the water proof connector back on. It seems nice and tight. It is not the loudest siren in the world, but for $5.88 incl. tax, it's respectable. Two would be REAL loud, but then you would be spending double digit$ for an alarm system.

Don look on the left side below the fuses and see if it is there. It will look like it is plug in but it is just a dust shield to keep it clean.

There is a plug like that on the right side. It's just sitting in a holder with a rubber plug in it. It looks like this would be it. It does have the three wires. I just want to be sure. I can take a picture and post it later.

I did look on the left side under the fuse box, I didn't see anything there.

Dferr; Right above that plug is a "shelf" where the siren sits. I mounted mine with double stick tape on the back.

Here's some pictures of what I have. This is on the right side of the bike. It has three wires but the colors are a little differnt gray, black, red. I'm pretty sure this must be the plug.

Attachments

• Harley siren 003.jpg
    Harley siren 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Harley siren 002.jpg
    Harley siren 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 42
Here's some pictures of what I have. This is on the right side of the bike. It has three wires but the colors are a little differnt gray, black, red. I'm pretty sure this must be the plug.

I think that is the plug for the HD scan tool. There is a 7/16" nut right above your fingernail in the first photo, also 2 or 3 others around that plate the ECM is bolted to. Remove those nuts, and the plate can be pulled out. The siren plug and mounting location is on the back. The reason it's hard to get to, is so someone can't just pop the side cover and disconnect it.

As suggested earlier, remove the 2 7/16" nuts on the plate that your ecm is mounted on. It's behind the plate.

It has three wires but the colors are a little differnt gray, black, red. I'm pretty sure this must be the plug.

Breeze is correct. That is the serial bus data link connector. Don't plug the siren into that..

Thanks guys! that's why I wanted to make sure. I'll remove the box and check for it.

Found it! right where you said it would be. Thanks again for the help.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Back