free website stats program Alarm PIN Code | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm PIN Code

Snarly

I don't post very often but would like some advice if you can help. Been trying to get my 2003 RK to display the alarm PIN code. Bought the bike last year and no code was supplied by previous owner. i have looked up the advice on this forum (honest!) and used the below advice, even trying both the right indicator and fob method:

To verify your PIN code, proceed as follows with the FOB present..
Turn ignition on-off-on-off-on.Then hit the left blinker button twice-then the right button once *. You should get the current pin number displayed in the odometer window.
Don't waste any time doing this or it will not work.

*With a button fob system you must hit the button on fob twice instead of hitting right signal to enter new code. Same to find existing PIN. Button fob twice instead of right signal.

I still can't get the bike to display the code, so before i take it to the dealers and hand over some cash, could anyone confirm that this is my only course of action or have i missed something?

Thanks in advance

It's all in the timing of the procedure, if you are too slow it will not work. Assuming you have a current fob that is keyed to the bike and is working? (arming and disarming)

Thanks Glider-yes fob is keyed to the bike and working. is there a time limit on how quick the ignition/indicator/fob actions need to be? i read that it had to be done within two seconds but it seems very quick!?
cheers

Don't know the exact time limit but it is short and non forgiving if you don't do it timely.

Why worry about the existing code at all? Key in your own new code of your choice and then no one but you will know it. All you need to key in a new code is your fob and the instructions which are printed in any HD manual.

I had a similar problem with an 02 I recently bought. Go to the link below and at step 5 if the signals/security LED do not flash it means there is no PIN code is installed. I didn't know this and spent a lot of time assuming I was doing something wrong when in fact there wasn't a PIN installed in the first place. You can continue from step 6 and put your own in, or change the existing code. One other thing depending on the bike the security code may only be displayed by flashes of the security LED, not in the odometer window. Hope this helps

WT

I can't attach the link because I only have 4 posts? Go to the softail forum, page 4, 02 security pin retrieval thread, the procedure is attached there

Glider,dbinbc and whisky tango

Many thanks for the advice, just shows what a great site this is-used all of the advice collectively and found that my RK didnt have a PIN code installed after all. So i have now entered a new code and tested the disarm and it all works!

Thanks again
Snarly

Back