free website stats program Alarm install..**Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm install..**Help!

Maustarman

Hi everyone
I got an alarm for my baby and was trying to at least read the manual before jumping in to wiring stuff but the wiring diagram threw me off :(
What *T hell is a Locomotive faucet?
And a distinguishing line ?

If anyone has installed and alarm before maybe could give a quick hand understanding this...

I know its a cheapie one...I got the alarm off eBay, it's supposed to have remote start etc
Here is a pic of the diagram included

tn943s3.jpg

That schematic is scary bro! Gotta be some knock off of a chinese knock off! Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy if you hack up the wiring on your bike with that thing. I'm not an electronics engineer but I would never wire that thing into my baby.

That schematic is scary bro! Gotta be some knock off of a chinese knock off! Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy if you hack up the wiring on your bike with that thing. I'm not an electronics engineer but I would never wire that thing into my baby.

Worked on Avionics in the Navy for 20 years. I have to echo with Screwylouie here. Hacking into and piggy backing an inferior piece of electronics on your baby is GOING to cause you massive heartache.

I know I saw a thread on here about adding a low priced siren to your factory security system. Recall looking at the diagram and thinking, yeah that would work. radio shack siren ?? - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

I know there is a easier way to link to threads here, but I don't know how to do it. Your ride, your choice.

Worked on Avionics in the Navy for 20 years. I have to echo with Screwylouie here. Hacking into and piggy backing an inferior piece of electronics on your baby is GOING to cause you massive heartache.

I know I saw a thread on here about adding a low priced siren to your factory security system. Recall looking at the diagram and thinking, yeah that would work. radio shack siren ?? - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

I know there is a easier way to link to threads here, but I don't know how to do it. Your ride, your choice.

I admit that I sometimes will go cheap, (china/mexico), on certain things but never on a component that has a high probability to cause collateral damage. I've had enough vehicles in my life with hacked up wiring harnesses to know that it's a bad idea. If I was ever looking to buy a used bike or car and saw wire nuts or electrical tape and spliced in lamp cord I'd walk away no matter how sweet the deal looked unless I was willing to do a complete electrical restoration. I had to buy the siren from HD for my bike and it works like a champ but more importantly I would at least have a chance of factory support if it caused a meltdown. $100.00 is chump change compared to paying someone to troubleshoot and fix an electrical problem.

Have to agree with the others here. Remember the old saying.... "you get what you pay for". If it's cheap, there's a good reason why. Hook that thing up to your front door for a home security system. You might even get a discount on your home owners insurance policy :D. I wouldn't put that thing anywhere near my bike. Electrical problems are the worst.

I'd probably stick with the factory security system. Having said that, the radio shack siren is just an add on to an already existing HD security system. Instead of buying the Smart Siren II for a couple hundred $$, you can buy the siren for $10 and hook up two wires....

The best feature of the factory security system is that it is FACTORY....

Take care,
Dave

Thank you everyone
I've decided to follow your advice...
The freaking thing is plugged to my son's toy bike... He loves it :)

Back