free website stats program Alarm auto turns on, can't turn off. | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm auto turns on, can't turn off.

Fatboy15

I have a 15 Fatboy. As soon as I pull up to my work and turn off the bike, the alarm automatically goes off, lights flashing. My work has wifi everywhere, inside and out the building. The only way I can turn it off is to remove the battery cable. It's a pain to pull out my tools remove the seat. Any explanations on why this is happening or is there a better to disengage the alarm. The dealer said try changing my battery f

It may very well be the fob battery is going bad, cheap way to find out.

Go to the Home section of the forum and scroll down to the alarm section.
Good read on alarm issues.

With your fob present, if the smart security system continues to sound, one of the following can be the cause of this.

1. Electromagnetic interference such as power lines and other electromagnetic sources can cause false triggering. Try moving the bike about 15 feet if parked and see if it changes.

2. Discharged FOB battery which should be replaced.
Battery number is a Panasonic #2030 or equivalent and gets installed with the positive (+) side down.

3. A damaged fob that would need replacing.

If arming or disarming the security system and 3 chirps are heard instead of the usual two, it indicates that the backup battery in the smart siren could need replacement.
The internal battery in the smart siren may not get a charge if the main vehicle battery is lower than 12.5 volts.
If the siren enters a self driven mode where it is powered by the units internal 9 volt battery, the turn signal lamps may alternately flash as an indication of a low battery in the siren.
If the siren has been armed in the self driven mode, the siren will alarm for 20-30 seconds and then turn off for 5-10 seconds. This alarm cycle will be repeated ten times if the siren is in the self driven mode.

If a accidental motion set off the alarm, it will sound for 30 seconds and will not rearm again.

Don forget to take the FOB with you. If you have the FOB in close proximity to the bike when stored, the bike will start for you. You will find that when you arrive at your destination without the FOB, your bike will not restart again without the FOB present. You will have to use the manual deactivation procedure posted here.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/diagnostic...tion_related/1996-manual_alarm_disarming.html

Last edited:
It only happens at my work where there is wifi signals everywhere inside and out. So I don't think it is the fob battery

That was in a thread that I posted, could be 15 feet could be more. If where you work is a virtual WiFi zone you may have to move it around until you find the spot that works.

Sounds strange to me but if it only happens at your work then it’s something there triggering it.

Last edited:
Back