free website stats program Airhawk seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Airhawk seat

I use one, can do 500 miles in a day with it. For best ventilation though, beads are the best, like sitting on an air conditioner. I have not used this particular brand, but is a place to start. BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats I went to Auto Zone bought one for a car and modified it to fit my Ultra. Will definitely keep your bum dry.
Hey Lancer, that's what I use! I like the beads. After a couple of seasons of riding it began to fade so I went to Wal-Mart and bought some Black Lacquer spray paint and it looks real good once again. The beads really do work well for long trips. One helpful hint: go purchase some non slip toolbox drawer liner at Sears (Black) and cut it to the shape of the beaded seat. Place it under the seat and it will keep it from marring the seat with "bead impressions". Also, the beaded seat is a heck of a lot cheaper than the Air Hawk.
BTW, my buddy has the Air HAwk and he is very satisfied with it. Just do like was recommended by others and don't over fill it!

I bought the bead rider last spring and love it. Even after the 2600 mile trip to Sturgis and back, through 100 degree Oklahoma temps I stayed dry.

just did a 1340 mile 4 day run through the Adirondacks on my new Airrider....It was great. I tried putting it away and riding on the saddle for a day....went right back to the Airrider. it really does distribute pressure great...as for heat I only had one day that was hot (last Friday on the run home it hit 97) and I never noticed sweaty butt like I would with just the saddle...pricey but good is my take...oh, and yes it does raise you perhaps an inch...which is good for leg room in my case.
Phil

I went to Sturgis in 2007 with a friend. I tried the biker shorts thing but too uncomfortable. When I was in Sturgis they were selling the airhawk seats for a discount. I bought one and it really saved my (EDIT) on the trip back. I use it on all overnight trips now. I just got back from Los Alamos NM I live in Austin so this was a 740 mile trip each way. I highly recommend the seat but I put only two puffs of air when inflating. Anymore and its too puffy.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the Harley air circulator seat pad. It works great for me and I used to sweat quite a bit. I ride in 100 degree plus weather for most of the summer and it keeps me dry. It's not beaded and has a pad to protect the seat and keeps it from sliding. Around $90.00 at Harley for the rider and a bit less for the passenger.

Has anyone tried or is useing the airhawk seat pad? If you do what do you think about it ? good or bad. I need something. I seam to sweat one longer rides. Need to get some air under me to dry off. I have tried the gel seat pad and don't care for them.

I purchased an Airhawk a few weeks ago after borrowing one from a friend.
Took it on a 1,900 mile trip to Texas last week and this was the best money spent. I tried to ride without it (on a Streetglide stock seat) for just a short period while on the trip and the Airhawk was put back on.
As many have said, it needs very little air and I noticed maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch rise at most.
I would recommend the "Original" Airhawk over the Airhawk 2 due to the bladder material.

Has anyone tried or is useing the airhawk seat pad? If you do what do you think about it ? good or bad. I need something. I seam to sweat one longer rides. Need to get some air under me to dry off. I have tried the gel seat pad and don't care for them.

While the original poster may have found a used one via PM, adding a pad will improved comfort and if equipped with sheepskin, it is cooler and your tender "bottom"...

tn422s3.jpg

I have similar seat pad only no air pillow balloon sac, but GEL filled pad inside...works great and about half the MSRP...

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

While the original poster may have found a used one via PM, adding a pad will improved comfort and if equipped with sheepskin, it is cooler and your tender "bottom"...

tn422s3.jpg

I have similar seat pad only no air pillow balloon sac, but GEL filled pad inside...works great and about half the MSRP...

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

I have a used one for sale in excellent condition. Used it when i owned a bmwlt. Pm me if interested

Thanks for the info. jvalny never did answer my PM about his airhawk for sale so I will check BikeFest here in Vegas to day.

Back