free website stats program Air Shock Pump | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Shock Pump

Ok now I think I have a shock issue, I pumped up my pressure to 35lbs and I was going to go on a ride by myself and was going to adjust it back down for a single rider and when I connected the pump pressure was already back down to 10lbs, I think I have a leak or is this normal?

It should hold pressure for a lot more than that. Try some soapy water around the fittings after adding the necessary pressure to see if you have a leak. Also a slight "PSSST" when you attach the hose can account for a lot of air pressure loss. They are high pressure low volume shocks.

Well the bike is still under warrenty and I was thinking of taking it in but I'll go outside now and check it out and see if I can hear or feel a leak.

Save yourself some time and find the leak yourself unless it a faulty part then go to the dealer for a repair. They will just tell you they couldn't duplicate the problem and send you home again.:s

Must be a slow leak I put like 45 in Saturday and it's down to 35 now, so I'll do the soapy water and see what I can find. Thanks Glider

My 2001 manual lists the maximum pressure at 25 PSI, is it the same for newer models? Could you have over-pressured and damaged the seals?

I may be the exception here but I don't think it's OK that the rear shocks leak like they do. Yes, HD sells a nice pump; however, a new bike shouldn't leak....PERIOD. Mine needs air every few weeks and I've been borrowing my buddies pump for the mean time. When I take my scoot in for the 15K service next week I'm going to have them look at my leaking system. I'll continue to take it back until they fix it. Eventually, they'll give me a pump because they'll get tired of seeing my friendly face, or maybe they'll fix it right.

My dealer fixed a slow leak during the 5k service. They saw it was low, pumped it up, and checked it later. The service manger mentioned that they re-cut the thin tubing and re-seated the compression fitting.

Maybe this info will help the do it yourself folks. Me? I always seem to have to learn the hard way to let the skilled folks do it.

Back