free website stats program air seat | Harley Davidson Forums

air seat

ironmule

question,has anyone tried to move there air ride seat back? are there shorter air bladders out there? love the ride but its kinda high and a bit forward I am
6ft4" .Thanks ride safe IM.

you can let air out, but you have to take the rubber bump stops off, tried, you only get about 1/2 ", and you bottom out real easy.............bw

question,has anyone tried to move there air ride seat back? are there shorter air bladders out there? love the ride but its kinda high and a bit forward I am
6ft4" .Thanks ride safe IM.

u can ask on retiredpolicebikes.com its a site just for these rides

i have been trying everything. cut 1 1/2 out of seat pan & recovered. renovation went ok, but fit wasn't good. i'm 6-3. was trying to get closer to handlebars. another seat due today from ebay. moving the seat back should be no problem, but i don't think thats my fix.would like to lower it though. jonas is tall maybe he's got some ideas.........bw

I finally gave up on the air seat on my 98 FLHPI and went with a HD Sundowner deep bucket seat and made all the difference. The seating position (for me) is much better and I can now do loner rides without my butt being knawed off. If you have a chance to tray this seat it might work if you are still having problems with getting the right fit with the air bladder

I took my air ride all together. Cut the bracket so only the rear part is attached to the seat. Made 2 spaces for the back pin and installed it in place without air suspension and bent a bracket for the front and used the front seat bracket bolt to secure it in place. Dropped the seat by about an 1-1/2", which is exactly what I needed. I am 5'8".
And even without air ride I still say police seat is the most comfortable seat there is.

I took my air ride all together. Cut the bracket so only the rear part is attached to the seat. Made 2 spaces for the back pin and installed it in place without air suspension and bent a bracket for the front and used the front seat bracket bolt to secure it in place. Dropped the seat by about an 1-1/2", which is exactly what I needed. I am 5'8".
And even without air ride I still say police seat is the most comfortable seat there is.

guy took a dogs toy and mounted it to the seat and says its as good as the air blader he did this to get rid of the air tank . they have pics and a write on it at the retiredpoicebikes.com listed as another alternative for the air tank i believe it looked good to me and only 7.00 dolllars for the toy and an 1inch and ahalf bolt

Apparently there has been some interest in what I did withe my seat. I have received several PM so I am posting pictures of what my mod looks like:
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Back