free website stats program Air Ride...Not Convinced Yet | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Ride...Not Convinced Yet

I do think 8-20 is too low. the earlier years bikes had lower pressure settings. the new bikes (09 and up at least) use from about 20 up to 50 max...check your manual as it has suggested settings for your weight, with and without luggage, etc...try 20 and go up in 3lb increments to see if it gets you what you want. I havent found that sweet spot but perhaps you will.

Phil

I have a 2006 FLHX and the ride with the air shocks ar terrible. I have tried anywhere from 5 to 20 lbs and still not satisfied. I have tried the recommended pressures in the book for the wieght and still roughest ride I ever had. I weight 225 and have added king tour pack and a number of other weight adding options.

I know nothing about air shocks except I would like them. I may have missed this, but what is your rear tire pressure set at? If it is over 40psi that may be the handling and or ride issue.

Riding two up with me 175 pounds and her 105 pounds we were bottoming out at 20, went to 27 pounds and MUCH better. I am thinking the sweet spot may be 30. The shorter shocks on the street glide can take more pressure than the other touring bikes (my understanding per the manual).

I run 36 in front and 40 in rear. According to the manual for 2006 I shouldn't have to go over 20 lbs on the air shocks.

play with the air .u have not found the sweet spot dont be to too fast to get ride of them .nothing like air once u get it right

The screaming eagle street glide has adjustable hydrolic shocks. That would be awesome. I agree that the air shocks are a joke. i have a 2010 street glide. We ride 2 up alot and have to keep 50 psi to keep from bottoming out.

I know nothing about air shocks except I would like them. I may have missed this, but what is your rear tire pressure set at? If it is over 40psi that may be the handling and or ride issue.

I keep both tires at 38lbs. I adjusted my shocks to 28lbs and will try it for a while.

Back