free website stats program Air Pressure in Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Pressure in Tires

franka

May sound like a very silly question but does it matter if you check your air pressure with wheels on the ground or off the ground? Certainly much easier to check when I can freely spin both front and rear while off the ground on my jack.

The weight of the bike (or lack thereof) won't affect the pressure. As Jack says, check and adjust when cold.

The weight of the bike (or lack thereof) won't affect the pressure. As Jack says, check and adjust when cold.

Of course it does. The more weight the tire is supporting, the higher the pressure will be.

I am talking in absolutes terms and not something that needs to be corrected for. Do you mean the same?

I would think that bike needs to be on the ground.

The tire IMO is just like a Balloon, the more pressure you put on it, builds up the inside pressure ......untill POOF !

I would think that bike needs to be on the ground.

The tire IMO is just like a Balloon, the more pressure you put on it, builds up the inside pressure ......untill POOF !

POOF ALL GONE, hmmm I remember that it was Glider:s

Agree w/Jack - bike grounded, cold & use decent gage. I ended up getting HD's dial gage to fit into the tight space under back tire/swingarm/bags.

Agree w/Jack - bike grounded, cold & use decent gage. I ended up getting HD's dial gage to fit into the tight space under back tire/swingarm/bags.

Got a Snap on just like it with jewelled innards works good very reliable:s

Back