free website stats program Air pressure gauges | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air pressure gauges

Just a question being the devil's advocate and all? How do you tell which guage is correct and/or if the one you bought is accurate? I keep hearing people saying how "accurate" they are but how do you know if you don't have a bench mark that you "KNOW" is accurate? Sorry but I had to ask because we go through this all the time at work about whether a tool is correct or not? Just my 2 cents. :D

Check your gauge against 2 other gauges and compare if within a pound or 2 I would say OK

I've had the right angle Accuguage for over 15 years and it has always served me well.

Accuguage uses a Bourdon tube and mechanical movement which is quite rugged AND long lasting. Had mine for about the same, cost $18.95 at NAPA, but it was borrowed awhile ago and never found it...mine had the metal gold steel case, 12" hose w/ bleeder-hold valve AND 45 Degree brass head...worked great...MISS IT! :small3d002:

I use just a small hand held gauge, have one in both cars and one in the bike, I compare them twice a year, spring and fall to see if they are accurate, good to go, have had them for about 3 years.

I always check new gauge against old when I buy one. I always have several,but never where i can find them. So,naturally when I buy a new one,the others turn up within a week.:(

Sandmar, why the sad face...you find a guage you just "saved" $6.99...how is that for thinking positive! :D

Sandmar, why the sad face...you find a guage you just "saved" $6.99...how is that for thinking positive! :D

This is true,but I just wasted $6.99 on a gauge I didn't need:p I have to teach my children to repace tools and gauges from where they came :bigsmiley28: You do remember I am cheap,right? :D

The guage I've been using has a digital readout and by the time I get my rear wheel into position and take the reading under my hard bags it usually fades before I can read it. So it takes a few times before it works. I ran out at lunch and picked up the Harley model with the flexible braided hose and tire guage for $29 which I'll be recieving for Christmas. It looks like a nice unit. I'm hoping it will encourage me to check my pressure more frequently.
Stay safe - Bob

Back