free website stats program Air pressure gauges | Harley Davidson Forums

Air pressure gauges

Can any one out here reccomend an accurate tire gauge? What brand do you use, and where to buy it? Thanks, guys..:coffee

I bought a shock pump that appears to be very well constructed. Considering it has a Schroeder valve connection and pressure gauge I use it to check the tires too.

Normally you get what you pay for , not sure if i trust the digitals , i paid the outrages 35 dollars for the harley one but we all know it is right

Best is a relative term, quality, accuracy and price. If a pencil one is accurate within 1 or 2 lbs and carried in the windshield bag for $7.99 it works. If you have the HD one at $35 that is easy to read and use and bleed air pressure accurately that works. The key is to check it for accuracy with other guages you may have lying around the house (like I didn't know you did...:taunt ) and toss the bad ones away and you will be fine. Once you get over $35, I would hazard a guess that it better have plenty of features, if lit digital type it better have a long life battery and rugged case (have you EVER dropped one...thought so) to be worth the price of admission. :D

Looks like a good gauge so I just ordered one. I only get about 10,000 miles out of a rear tire so maybe this will help to increase that.

Looks like a good gauge so I just ordered one. I only get about 10,000 miles out of a rear tire so maybe this will help to increase that.

I am new at the Harley scene so I am shooting from the hip, but I seem to think 10K on a rear tire is about normal. I got 4.5K on mine right now and I will be lucky to get 10.:p

I'd be relatively happy with 10k. I replaced the orig. D402 on my '07 (I bought bike used with 4k on it) at 7.5k. It wasn't down to the wear bars, but not good enough for a trip.

Maybe I should feel lucky. Actually I get about 9 k and about 30 k on the front. Have been riding mostly in the west on a lot of curvy roads so maybe that helps with the mileage.

Back