free website stats program Air made easier | Harley Davidson Forums

Air made easier

dogdad

I had brought up before the subject of putting air in the tires of my RK being very difficult even with the air chuck Glider has suggested..It's just a tight space that tears up my hands.. Well...I added air yesterday but found that when I put the front tire valve stem all the way to the FRONT of the bike or the rear stem toward the BACK right underneath the rear fender bottom,,,I was able to use both hands in positioning the air gauge and the air chuck . Much easier than being on just one side of the bike trying to put air in the tires. Just a thought .

Good find. Much easier and cheaper than dismounting the tire to put a different valve stem in it.

I have found that to be the best place also. I usually have my bike up on the lift once a week anyway (during the season). I don't have a lot of problems with pressure variances so this seems frequent enough for me

Great Idea, When I'm not going to ride for awhile, I leave my bike on the lift to rest the shocks, & get the weight off the tires. Then before I ride again I'll check air pressure, and due a once around to check vitals of the bike. I added some out riggers on my lift to give it (the Lift) a larger footprint & make it more stable should someone or something bump into it.

Back