free website stats program Air leak around spokes. Need remedy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air leak around spokes. Need remedy

In the past many years ago i did patch tubes however patches do not hold often it can depend on the weather conditions at the time
I have not patched a tube since around 1980
today i always use a new tube and replace the rim tape also inspect the inside of the rim for rust as rust will produce sharp edges that will damage the tube
if you are unsure of where the tube has been damaged remove the tube inflate it and put it in water till you see a line of bubbles from the leak then compare the location of the leak with the wheel and tyre as there is no point in putting a new tube in without first sorting the problem

Harley Davidson Community

Brian

Like T said spokes are pretty, I got rid of my spoke wheels and got a set of cast wheels on eBay for $185. Sold the spokers for $200 and have never looked back. No more tubes too pinch when changing a tire.Tubes and rim strips should be replaced when changing a tire, another $25 or 30 bucks plus the price of a tire and some shops charge extra for installing a tube.
Ken

Back