free website stats program Air intake | Harley Davidson Forums

Air intake

easyrider03

I want to install heavy air intake kit from Harley, will I need to get my bike re-tuned? It's a 2003 Electra Glide EFI.

I just purchased the Dobeck TFI, do I still need to go to the dealer for a re-tune or will the TFI take care if that?

You have all the bases covered with the TFI. Going to the dealer will be money spent that is not needed. You can get a lot of help in the self help section with setting TFI up if problems occur or contact their customer service. Enjoy the increase in power.:s

Odds are high if you go to the dealer with the tfi in place, they will try and blame it for problems you don't even have and try to sell you the HD download witch is still EPA compliant (lean). Spend a little time adjusting the tfi and noting differences in performance, heat and mpg. I'm satisfied with mine after 5 years with different cams, filters and mufflers.

I want to install heavy air intake kit from Harley, will I need to get my bike re-tuned? It's a 2003 Electra Glide EFI.

I just purchased the Dobeck TFI, do I still need to go to the dealer for a re-tune or will the TFI take care if that?

You might have been able to get away with just changing out the A/C without having to do anything to the fuel. But it would still be factory lean.

If you change out both the A/C AND the pipes to ones that are much more free-flowing, you would definitely need to add fuel (fueler). That is where your TFI comes into play. Call Dobeck and let them know your engine configuration (A/C, pipes, cams, head work, etc.). Start with the recommended settings and then tweak as necessary based on how you ride.

Glider had put a bunch of info in the self-help sections on the TFI, so search around and you will find lots about it.

Cheers,

TQ

Back