Air horns

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by booker 2010, Dec 1, 2010.

1. booker 2010

booker 2010 Member

Thinking of putting air horn on my ultra so anyone with experiences with different brands which seem to be the best.

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I can't recommend a brand but whichever one you choose Make Sure you install a high current relay to turn the pump on. Some don't come with a relay. Don't go by what the manufacture of the kit says... Install a throw over relay along with a heavy power feed lead.

3. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

I put a HD air horn on my bike. It's loud and everything came with needed for hook-up.

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Hoople is correct about the relay. If you don't use a relay the horn will work until the switch melts down. I use a Bad Boy.
    kemo

5. lorne

lorne Senior Member

Geezer. what make is yours?

i have been looking as well and not sure which one to get

6. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Mine is the Harley air horn but not sure who makes it. Bought it because it was on a clearance table for $70 one day.

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I think Fiamm makes the airhorns for HD and are well made, and should come with all the hardware including the mini compressor, plumbing, relay and wiring kit. I would go to your local HD dealer and have them print out the Service Note...which the savvy parts guy would do as they like "--add on sales" LOL!

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Get ready for the little kids to do the "big rig air horn arm wave" as you scoot by...

Sorry, had to do it...;) Couldn't resist when I was young.

9. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I am sure that when I installed thew HD horn on my buddies bike I had to make my own wire harness, no big deal
    kemo

10. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member