free website stats program Air Horn & Cold Weather: If-fy Combo | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Horn & Cold Weather: If-fy Combo

RibEye

For those considering an air horn...

Just know that air horns do not like cold weather. They don't like to sing when cold. Once they have been warmed by warm jugs, they will return to singing, but intially, on a cold morning, you are likely without a horn.

Enjoy,
Rich P

For those considering an air horn...

Just know that air horns do not like cold weather. They don't like to sing when cold. Once they have been warmed by warm jugs, they will return to singing, but intially, on a cold morning, you are likely without a horn.

Enjoy,
Rich P

good information, just about to put airhorns on. what temp do they stop working at?

good information, just about to put airhorns on. what temp do they stop working at?
Mine (Stebel) don't like it at starting temp below 40. They wake up after riding long enough to get warm from the jugs.

Enjoy,
Rich P

At that sort of temperature if you try to make air move through a tight area any moisture in the air can freeze causing icing
as the air is compressed it drops in temperature once the engine is hot some of that heat will find its way to the horn and prevent the icing

Brian

Wouldn't matter to me. At those temps, my reflexes are so slow that I'd be splattered long before I thought to use my horn.:D

Please note, I'm not complaining. My air horn is not going anywhere. When it works, when it is most of the time, it is superb. Just know that there can be a period of brief non-functioning.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back