free website stats program Air Fuel Ratio | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Fuel Ratio

oldgeezer

When I had my bike dynoed, I had not read all the info that is available on this site. They set my afr to 14.1. This site says to have them set it to 13.2. Is it worth my while to have them adjust this again. If so what should I expect from the bike? Less gas mileage, but run cooler? If it will run cooler it may be worth it. The dyno, when they set it at 14.1 cooled it off a noticeable amount. Thanks to all you guys for your support.

Yes I will scan it and post asaphttp://www.hdtimeline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3482&stc=1&d=1244765619http://www.hdtimeline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3483&stc=1&d=1244765619

Attachments

• dyno 1.jpg
    dyno 1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 69
  • dyno 2.jpg
    dyno 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
i would prefer 13.8 that would give ya better cooling and still not be super rich

ok I got them.I added them to my earlier post. I use a mac and could not figure out how to shrink them. all help is appreciated.

For gasoline fuel, the stoichiometric air/fuel mixture is approximately 14.7 times the mass of air to fuel. The stoichiometric air-fuel ratio is the mass of air required to burn a unit mass of fuel with no excess of oxygen or fuel left. Lean mixtures (i.e., greater than 14.7) produce hotter combustion gases than does a stoichiometric mixture. Rich mixtures produces cooler combustion gases than does a stoichiometric mixture, primarily due to the excessive amount of carbon which oxidises to form carbon monoxide, rather than carbon dioxide.

The AFR for Harley's that give the best dyno runs is always richer than the stoichiometric AFR.

Now you know. :)

For gasoline fuel, the stoichiometric air/fuel mixture is approximately 14.7 times the mass of air to fuel. The stoichiometric air-fuel ratio is the mass of air required to burn a unit mass of fuel with no excess of oxygen or fuel left. Lean mixtures (i.e., greater than 14.7) produce hotter combustion gases than does a stoichiometric mixture. Rich mixtures produces cooler combustion gases than does a stoichiometric mixture, primarily due to the excessive amount of carbon which oxidises to form carbon monoxide, rather than carbon dioxide.

The AFR for Harley's that give the best dyno runs is always richer than the stoichiometric AFR.

Now you know. :)

So... with that being said, how much cooler will it be to have the afr dropped to 13.2-13.8? Before I had it dynoed, when I would go through a few lights it would get HOT and lose power and burn my leg. Now I can still feel the heat from the right side exhaust on my leg, but it is not losing power.

Back