air-fuel question

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by rootbeerfatboy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. rootbeerfatboy

rootbeerfatboy Member

I bought my bike used and have found the o2 sensors aren't connected. I'm suspecting that the bike had a tuner in it but doesn't anymore, probably removed before I bought it. Should I reconnect them or get another tuner. All it's got is pipes and back plate is removed behind air filter. Not planning any other mods in the future. I just want the bike to run right. I bought the bike from an independent dealer and now i'm finding a lot of things missing. Beware of the small independent dealers!

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

If that's all the mods that are done you won't really need a tuner. If your leaving it stock other than what you mentioned I'd re hook the o2 sensor and that should do the trick.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

http://www.hdtalking.com/archive/t-2362.html Look here first, do you have any codes?

4. rootbeerfatboy

rootbeerfatboy Member

Before I do that is it possible that maybe there might be a tune in the ecm without an actual tuner plugged in?

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

At best it will be a H D download that is EPA compliant, if your bike is set for O2 sensors I do not see this kind of rewrite able to compensate for the sensors JMO