free website stats program Air Filter's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Filter's

I recently installed an SE setup. Good quality and no problems installing it. I'm pretty sure the included filter said to not oil it. When it comes time to replace the filter I'm going to take a look at the K&N filter.

I recently upgraded to a S.E. Stage I. The parts guy at the HD dealership remarked that HD no longer uses K&N filters in their kits. I opend it when I got home and to my pleasant surprise, the filter was indeed a K&N. Lucky me!!

K&N will be the the last filter you have to buy, if maintained properly.

Good riding!

Make sure it's a K&N, They went to a paper filter (not gauze type) a while back in the stage 1 kits and that filter is washable but NOT oilable. Very easy to confuse the two.

The K&N will have signs of oil on it too.

I have a mikuni kit on my softail the mikuni kit uses a k&n filter and se kits on the dyna and sportster

Brian

The stock round filter in the SE kit, what are u using to wash it out? I tried soap and water but did not make a difference. Hard to scrub as well.

Just a heads up. If you go to a SE stage 1 or any other high flow filter you will have increased noise levels. Also if you go with a SE stage 1, make sure it is the newer style vs the old. The old style vented the crankcase breather below the intake vs newer style is above. The difference is old style will throw oil back on pants, bags, etc. The new style just burns off the blowby.

Back