free website stats program Air Filter's | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Filter's

Not sure if this is the right category, I have done a search on air filters and I didn't seem to find much. My question is what brand of air filter are you using , which are good ones and which are junk , I did see the one post on the S.E getting sucked into the motor. So what is eveyone using ? Is there an air filter poll ? How many brands for Harley's are there? Thanks Tim

Stay away from the Ness Big Sucker. Cheaply made. Get a SE or a V&H. Wimmer also has a nice looking AC.

Bodeen

Getting sucked into the motor ??? Thats a new one on me. I have been using the SE for a long time and never had any problems.

Using a K&N in the softail, reusable, washable, no problems..so far. Had a SE in the sportster, no problems either.

One of the first things I change on every new bike I buy, K N air filter, and have never had to replace one under warranty I can not wear them out, I have over oiled them tho:s

Like CAPITOL JACK says, K&N Filter elements are very well made and hold up to multiple cleaning/oiling operations. The "problem" with the OEM H-D SE element, is that it goes "soft" and starts to lose it's shape after a 1/2 dozen cleaning/oiling operations. The K&N element is about $60-$80, a worthwhile long term investment! :s

I fitted a S.C. Heavy Breather to mine.It is really good quality and well made.No complaints so far.

Back