free website stats program air filter advice | Harley Davidson Forums

air filter advice

stevec314

I have an 07 Ultra with the Rush slipons. I am wondering would there be any advantage to changing the air filter?? If so what are some good suggestions.

Steve

I have an 07 Ultra with the Rush slipons. I am wondering would there be any advantage to changing the air filter?? If so what are some good suggestions.

Steve

K&N is good
Filter is reusable
Engine can breathe better.

Disadvantage $44.00 Canadian

Do they give you free hockey tickets with it?? haha (My sons a goalie)
Do you have to do any kind of new download with that??

AMSOIL Ea filter.

Upside: Flow as well as a K&N, filter as well as a paper filter.
Downside: As expensive as K&N

The reason K&N flow so well is they don't stop much other than small birds, softballs, etc. Paper filters the air very well, but don't flow that much.

I agree with Smitty901. I have an 07 Streetglide and I have SE Slip-ons with a Stage 1 including Race Tuner. I was amazed at the Extra tourque and HP it added for the full throttle range. That is the best bang for the Buck... It has about 18,000 miles on it now and continues to run perfectly. I also have an 01 dyna with many motor mods that cost over 4k...it goes but was expensive.

Only thing I question is if you get a TFI or another fuel management, I do not think you need a download. If you change pipes, and air cleaner all you need is a TFI or something similar. You can do a download, but not neccessary. Correct me if I am wrong. I am being told if I add slip on's, no problem stock, but if I add Air Filter as well all I need is a TFI, no download.

I am curious as to if K & N air filter in stock air box would change air flow as much as an Arlen Ness big sucker free flowing air filter kit to really require a fuel management system to be installed? Any thoughts? I thought a stage one was free flowing air filter assembly ( not stock) and free flowing mufflers.

Back