free website stats program air deflector | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

air deflector

Glider,
Do you know or have an opinion if this baffle would fit a FLSTC front end? I have a 2005 FLSTC complete 2" lowered front end with 21" front that I adapted and mounted on my 2002 FXDX. I also have the standard height RK windshield on there and find that my eyes line up perfectly with the top edge of it and it drives me nuts with the buffeting and my chinstap flapping around. I am wondring if I cut the windshield down about 1.5" if this would help and or the use of the baffle.
And I am not sure if it matters, but I am 6'0" and are using a genunie HD forward control kit and early glide style bars with standard 1" risers with no pullback.
Thanks!

Glider, my 09 Road Glide came with the air baffle that you gave the link for in your last post. It seems to work, but I'm still getting buffeting. I think it is coming from the wind coming up the sides of the tank and from around the edge of the fairing. Do you know of any baffles, wings, etc. that fit the front forks or elsewhere on the Road Glide that might address this problem? Thanks.

I did not know about the air deflector. I went through the stock removable harley shield, then tried a Memphis slim without any improvement.

I have been running a "Windvest" (tall) for sometime and it eliminated the head buffeting but I was still getting the lower wind blast. I'm going to try this deflector, thanks guys.:)

Hi guys, i thought these things were not supposed to be used on the TC because of overheating concerns. Is that right or have I got this wrong?

Cheers

Neil

Put one of those $25.00 air deflectors on my ultra. The one that attaches to the front forks below the gas tank, glad it was free (christmas gift certificate). Doesn,t do anything. I guess a new windshield will be next. Maybe a recurve, I,ve read good things about em.
I put the recurve on , it was lower then my stock harley windshield , looks better and passenger even noticed less air, great move

Back