free website stats program air deflecters | Harley Davidson Forums

air deflecters

Retro 08

Has any one added air deflecters to a Street gluide? Does it help with the wind or are they to hot? the ones on the front fairing.
Thanks Retro 08

I was wondering the same thing on my ride today. I've put on a Clearview windshield with the recurve at the top and the chrome fork baffles and the wind buffeting is MUCH better. Still just a little bit and I was guessing it's spilling around the fairing where the air deflectors would go. Sure do hate to ruin the nice clean lines of the Street Glide front end though. I'd have to see some pictures.

Look at the ones that come on the Ultra, they are adjustable to let air in. I can tell you that once you open them, the buffeting is DEFINATLY noticable!

I think some are called "Dragon Flies"

The tinted ones seem to blend right in with the lines.

Hey Dr. can you put some pics of that windshield up? I've seen them for the Road Glide, but not on a Batwing.

What Height did you get?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running a 9 1/2" clearview w/recurve, and the air deflectors, on my black StreetGlide. The deflectors definitely help with wind buffeting, and you can also open them and direct more airflow on yourself on the hotter days. I've got the dark deflectors like come on the ultras, and they blend right in with the fairing. They're even designed to follow the fairing lines so they are less noticeable. Pretty easy install, just 4 screws into holes already on there.

Hey Dr. can you put some pics of that windshield up? I've seen them for the Road Glide, but not on a Batwing.

What Height did you get?

Got the 6 and a half inch with recurve - much better but still just a little buffeting. Let's see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.

100_0456.jpg front view including my new "Jolly Roger" theme/white blotch is a reflection of some sort.

100_0457.jpg

100_0458.jpg side view - attempted to get a good shot of the recurve feature

100_0459.jpg view from the back - sorry, it was getting dark

Last edited:
So Doc....are you using the "Pledge"? :D

Well, I'm sure you can tell from the pictures that I've been negligent in the cleaning department. Those pictures include the 6 hours worth of Alabama and Georgia bugs I picked up today. Had to park the bike and get going on the yard work as soon as I got home. :(

I thought about getting the solid black ones that do not open. My SG is black and I thought they would look better with the black faaring. Ck out my profile pic.
Retro 08

Sweet lookin ride! Is that a custom paint job, or a special Harley deal?

I really like the swoosh effect of the stripe!

The adjustable air deflectors are available in dark smoke.

Back