free website stats program Air Cleaners | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Cleaners

Getting ready to do a Stage I on my bike. Looking for opinions on the SE high flow a/c part #29260-08vs. the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Is one better than the other??? Price is about the same, so just wanting whatever is best. Or are there any differences at all??? And is the HD Heavy Breather the same as the SE High Flow??? Looks like the SE filter is more of a paper filter. Is this a K&N filter??? The K&N filters look to be red in color, but the SE looks white. I don't want to buy the SE kit and then have to spend another $60 for just the better filter.
Thanks.

I have the S.E. high flow kit on my '07. The filter is not K&N. It is washable, but does not get oiled. If you get a S.E. kit, don't waste money on chrome backing plate, they are poor quality, and not polished.
The Big Sucker kits had a problem with cracking mounts, maybe newer ones are better. I don't think the Big Sucker uses a K&N filter either, but is is an oiled filter. All the ads I've seen for B.S. filters don't specify that they are K&N. K&N filters are white gause, the K&N oil is pink, so that's how they look.

Don't waste the money on the Big Sucker. It is cast aluminum back plate and have a tendency to break. Ask me how I know........Get the S.E. or something else. JMHO.

Triple J answered your question...BC Gerolmay Overflow = 800+ CFM. Having said that, with that much flow, how much is it filtering out or is dirt getting in??? I didn't buy one just for that reason.

Link below is a chart with cfm ratings in self help section.
Harley Davidson Community

Good Call JBC...using a K&N element is a good start...size and style are next...! :newsmile093:

Back