free website stats program Air cleaner vent | Harley Davidson Forums

Air cleaner vent

Mine is vented to the atmosphere and I no longer get the oily mess in the throttle body and my IAC is clean as a whistle. IMHO you should consider venting externally.

Thank you for the replys. I read through an old thread where people are modifying screaming eagle air cleaners.
FYI If you get the R and R air cleaner you don't have to modify it to vent to atmosphere.

Thank you for the replys. I read through an old thread where people are modifying screaming eagle air cleaners.
FYI If you get the R and R air cleaner you don't have to modify it to vent to atmosphere.

The issue isn't the air cleaner it's the backing plate. As long as you can modify the breather bolts or use the barbed fittings as pictured in the thread I posted you should be good to go.

I'm not familiar with the R & R air cleaner setup.

The issue isn't the air cleaner it's the backing plate. As long as you can modify the breather bolts or use the barbed fittings as pictured in the thread I posted you should be good to go.

I'm not familiar with the R & R air cleaner setup.
The vents are outside the backing plate on the R and R air cleaner.

I recently modified mine following the above thread, I didn't use any catch pot just vented to the atmosphere. Easy to do, just got some 5/16 id tubing lead from each breather bolt into a T fitting and then down to the frame tied off with a tygon strip.

Back