free website stats program Air Cleaner please help | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Cleaner please help

Hi all,
second post. i have been spending a lot i repeat a lot of time on this site reading and gathering information. Love the site. I am still researching the stage 1 for my bike. an 07 fxdl. I am going to get tfi fueler, but not sure on the air cleaner. i like my stock cover fine. but i do like the looks of the Se heavy breather or k+n performane cone shaped. is there a benfit to those types over the normal Se stage 1?? any help would be great just not sure how to proceed. i will never do a whole bunch of mods to the bike, mabye a bit larger cam and light port work, but probably nothing more than the tfi can handle.

thanks again

joe

Weclome to the forum Joe. You already are "maybe" thinking of cams and port work, why not get the air filter that will support that work now, and not have to re-spend the money later? You know you want the Heavy Breather.:D

Weclome to the forum Joe. You already are "maybe" thinking of cams and port work, why not get the air filter that will support that work now, and not have to re-spend the money later? You know you want the Heavy Breather.:D

ha (EDIT) lol. ok so best places to get the heavy breather? any suggestions on that??? as far as most reasonable of course.? and any difference between the KandN or SE??

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
The Se heavy breather uses a K&N filter
WAP.gif

exactly i know. i was just curious at to why the relatively steep price difference.

I bought my heavy breather from M & M Cycles and they are very reasonable and great people to deal with.

I have my Arlen Ness big sucker mounted under the stock air cleaner cover. Keeps it dry and clean no matter what weather and bugs or sand I run into - and it has plenty of room under the stock cover for my 2005 deluxe to grab all the air I need. My functional every day ride to work and ready for the long haul too.

Garthok

An alternative would be to "modify" your aircleaner and replace element w/ K&N hi flow element...

Nothing wrong with the SE Breather Kit, if you want to "trick it out" for a bit more air flow...take about 1/2 to 1" off the bottom of that chrome cover exposing the air cleaner element slightly around the perimeter. Still have weather protection, but air flow increased even more.

tn182s3.jpg

Back