free website stats program Air Cleaner gets hot | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Cleaner gets hot

bigdep

Just bought a new Trike 2012 - noticed that the intake cleaner (screaming eagle) gets hot .... and therefore makes my leg hot .... any reason for the air cleaner getting hot. Would a stock air cleaner cover be any cooler. Never had the Air Cleaner get that hot on my Heritage ...... Actually does any one know if the Screaming Eagle air cleaner makes that much difference? I guess I have 2 questions .... Thanks!

I have the stage 1 setup and the football cover which does get warm but I wouldn't describe it as hot.

When you say your leg gets hot. What part of your leg? Calf? Inner thigh? Knee? Are you allowing your leg to lean against the air cleaner? The air cleaner and everything else attached to that engine is gonna be HOT. They are all an extension of the heat that's emitting off the engine. I believe the catalytic converter is in your front header pipe. That in it's self is very hot and will be felt by your calf and it will also add to the heating of the engine, air cleaner.

zoood/RJ

Just bought a new Trike 2012 - noticed that the intake cleaner (screaming eagle) gets hot .... and therefore makes my leg hot .... any reason for the air cleaner getting hot. Would a stock air cleaner cover be any cooler. Never had the Air Cleaner get that hot on my Heritage ...... Actually does any one know if the Screaming Eagle air cleaner makes that much difference? I guess I have 2 questions .... Thanks!

Back