free website stats program Air cleaner cover for -92 springer. | Harley Davidson Forums

Air cleaner cover for -92 springer.

John B

Hi everyone!
Is there someone who knows where I can get hold of a nos or a very nice air cleaner cover for my -92 softtail springer?It has to be the original one with the logo: eighty cubic inches/softtail springer.
I've been searching the Ebay for quite some time now,but with no luck so far.
Thanks
John B

John; If you can find a cooperative HD parts person, they can look up the part number, then search nation wide for the availability. Many parts guys don't know how, or won't take the trouble to do it. If nothing else, knowing the part # will help you do better search.
P.S. I think what you want is just the insert, unless your cover needs replacing.

Last edited:
Actually Breeze is spot on...AND you might find the logo/insert on a clearance table at your local H-D dealer or one nearby. I think I must have encountered at least 2 "dated" logo emblems for tanks and air cleaners at almost every H-D dealer I visit at one time or another. :)

So just keep your eyes open, there are a lot of dealers who carry around discontinued stuff that collects dust and occupies space until they decide to put it on their "scramble" tables to sell at deeply discounted prices. Never hurts to ask them, especially if you have the right part number and description.:s

Ok,thanks to the both of you.I've sendt a request to my local dealer for the part #.Of course,it's only the insert I need,but I was'nt aware of the possibility to replace only this.Guess it's glued onto the aircleaner cover?Maybe someone knows how to remove the old one? Or do you just stick the new on top of the old one?
A novice can ask.....:bigsmiley11:
Thanks
John B

Ok,thanks to the both of you.I've sendt a request to my local dealer for the part #.Of course,it's only the insert I need,but I was'nt aware of the possibility to replace only this.Guess it's glued onto the aircleaner cover?Maybe someone knows how to remove the old one? Or do you just stick the new on top of the old one?
A novice can ask.....:bigsmiley11:
Thanks
John B

It's glued on and some heat on the underside will remove it.

Hello!
Just wan't to tell you that my aircleaner cover now looks as good as new.I got the new insert from Nos Parts.The old insert came off using my wifes hairdrier and a knife.Removed the remaining glue from the cover with 3M 50098 cleaner spray and a plastic scrape.Something to be aware of is that the new insert has some really sticky glue on,so be sure to have it centered right before you put it on.Maybe some soapwater would be fine here.I didnt try that.So thanks to all of you for helping me out here!

Attachments

• 2011-07-30 06.14.49 (Small).jpg
    2011-07-30 06.14.49 (Small).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2011-07-30 07.27.03 (Small).jpg
    2011-07-30 07.27.03 (Small).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 12
Back