free website stats program Air baffle pro & cons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air baffle pro & cons

I've got one on my 08 Street Glide. It helped a little with wind buffeting, and I didn't notice any difference in how hot the engine runs; but it is more chrome. Given the location of the jugs, the rear one is going to run hotter simply because the front one blocks some of the air. I noticed more difference with the wings on the side of the fairing, but they're not chrome. :bigsmiley30:

My baggers came stock with the baffles on, I like to think this was a smart move by the MOCO, cannot figure why they have gone cheap and decided this is an add on now:s Put it on younger brother and ride it hard:p:rider

They work! When I first got my FLHTC, I tried to use my neck gaitor in cold weather, but the airflow coming up over the tank would make the leather fly up over my face. I put the baffle on and the airflow smoothed enough I could use the gaitor, and my glasses quit bouncing on my nose. Totally worth it to me, and I didn't notice any increased heat on my Stage I bike.

As far as the baffle re-directing enough air to make motor hotter...would say this little piece has little/no affect on engine temp. It's more for rider comfort - didn't see/feel any temp/heat difference from mine...

Minnasota??? Really does it ever get hot enough? The baffle is to actually serve the rider and not so much the engine. Chrome, yea put it on, it'll look good.

We have 1 or 2 hot day's then it snows!!! I put it on today and it does look nice. Crome makes me happy!

My baggers came stock with the baffles on, I like to think this was a smart move by the MOCO, cannot figure why they have gone cheap and decided this is an add on now:s Put it on younger brother and ride it hard:p:rider

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Makes the difference... Giving it for "FREE" is Not in HD's vocabulary...

Think of all the $$ they lost for putting it on in the first place.. Now selliing it as an EXTRA...

I did hear HD took it OFF because it retained Heat in the motor. SURE they did and NOW they SELL IT to you as an Extra.... HAW.

I have Not noticed any difference on my 09 FLHR (i have it)... I agree the most it did was the "Lighter Wallet".

My bike has always been TOO HOT...:bigsmiley20:

signed....BUBBIE

I have played around with taking it on and off, and can't say that I notice a big difference.

In the summer I usually take it off, it does seem to put a little more air over the engine, but I can't say that it makes a big difference.

You will just have to find out for yourself. :bigsmiley30:

Back