free website stats program Air baffle pro & cons | Harley Davidson Forums

Air baffle pro & cons

Jeff Klarich

Experienced Member
Contributor
I have a air baffle for my ultra classic but haven't put it on yet, i've heard good and bad things about them.

Any opinions on if I should bolt it on or not would be helpful

Thanks,

I assume you mean the one that bolts under the bottom triple tree? I have one on my classic. I can't say that I really noticed any difference when I put it on. I have an oil temp gauge, and didn't see any change there. I put it on to help keep rain mist out of my face, along with fairing wings, and the big triangular chrome fork air deflectors.

Yes, i'm talking about the 1 that bolts on the triple tree. The reason I ask is I looked on the self help section and it's like asking about what oil to use, you get so many differant opinions. I was told it helps the front jog but the rear one may run a little hotter. Guess it appears like it's more of a personal prefrence.

Keep in mind that the baffle was standard issue just a few years back on the Glides. I have had one on my 2008 EG and it seems to help some especially in rain. I never take mine off and have never noticed any problems. Even in combination with soft lowers on..

Manual .cold put it on hot take it off or mabey I'm backwards. I had one lay in around so I put it on . Minor differance. Air wise, water it may help.

I added one a few months ago and have noticed no difference in anything other than my wallet ! It's lighter now !

I forgot to say it's chrome and it looks nice !

I have one on my 05RG and it was on there when I bought it new. Since it serves a purpose and doesn't seem to cause any problems, "and it's chrome" put it on!!!!:D

Back