free website stats program Aileron Grips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Aileron Grips

I have a 2005 Softail with these grips and hate em. Anyone out there that is thinking of changing to these grips can I have mine when I change them out. The silver metal ridge cuts into the inside of my knuckle and my fingers are still numb from the 200 mile ride yesterday. Ugh.

NWW - Welcome to HDTimeline, and your first post...do take the time to look in the Self Help tab and Search tab using key words near the top of the web page.

Yes you will find plenty of people with differing opinions, and some do not like any metal in the grip area. I use the smooth "Contour" Rubber Grips with only the plain chrome on the end cap and the index finger/thumb stop side chrome trim ring only, see page 568 (only without the "flame" end cap). Since I wear thin deer skin gloves in the summer and armored insulated Belstaff gloves in the winter, I do not want anything that is "lumpy" or bunches up the leather in the palm, finger grip areas...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...sories/2009_GMA_Catalog/HD_GMA09_MultiFit.pdf

But as with most things, comfort mods are purely a matter of personal preference...

Last edited:
Had em on my 1200SE, and planing on adding them on the softy, just havn't gotten around to it yet. Been making other additions...

Rush slip-ons
Windshield
Swing Wing front pegs
Swept Wing back pegs
V-Wing Derby, Timer, AC, mirrors
Diamond linkage cover

HD=Hundreds of Dollars..but what else is disposable income for..ha!

I have a 2005 Softail with these grips and hate em. Anyone out there that is thinking of changing to these grips can I have mine when I change them out. The silver metal ridge cuts into the inside of my knuckle and my fingers are still numb from the 200 mile ride yesterday. Ugh.

If they;re not wore out, send em......mine are showing some bad wear after 15k miles...

Are they better than the Kuryakyn ISO grips?? (that's what I have now)

I had the ISO grips on my Sporty. As I recall, the ISO grips are thicker than the HD grips. If you've got big hands and this doesn't matter, they're nice grips too. The aileron grips fit my small/average size hands perfect, feel great with or without gloves, and I don't miss not having my Crampbuster on there at all so far.

I've used the aileron heated grips for 13,500 miles.
This is one comfortable grip and the heat is welcomed here in Michigan.
The only thing that I dont like about this grip is the clutch lever hits the grip right where the chrome is on the grip and makes a noticable click.
It's also showing some wear on the spot where the lever contacts it.
I really only notice it at a standstill, like at a stoplight.
Other than that, I highly recommend them.

Back