free website stats program Ah, The Wonders of Technology | Harley Davidson Forums

Ah, The Wonders of Technology

Apyle

I love technology, at least that's what I keep telling myself. It is all well and good until it stops working. On Sunday I got up and checked my e-mail and then got in the shower apparently that's all the longer it takes for your computer to completely quit working. It took me 2 days a complete reinstall of all my software, and a new(used) hard drive to make my computer work again. Then I couldn't get my internet back up. Anyone ever try to call Verizon customer support there is no more infuriating of an experience. Finally now I'm back to where I was on Sunday morning.

Now that I've vented I feel better!!

Computers are like women.... can't live with them... can't live without them!
:bigsmiley19:

Computers are the root of all evil. :devil

Careful, your computer knows you just wrote that! If we don't hear from Lancer for awhile, we all know why.

I love my computer! Are you listening, dear?

I love technology, at least that's what I keep telling myself. It is all well and good until it stops working.

The same argument can be made for anything else that's supposed to work but all of a sudden doesn't anymore. Imagine if your air conditioner, washing machine, car, bike, phone, heart, etc. stopped working. You'd be pretty upset at those too right?

Be thankful that the parts to replace computers are relatively inexpensive nowadays compared to, let's say, a new transmission for your car or bike. The other good point is that these parts are easy to replace. It doesn't take a master's degree to swap a hard drive or add memory. The bottom line is this; computer parts break down just like everything else. Preventative maintenance coupled with knowledge minimizes your down time.

PS: Don't ever install CDs that your Internet Service Providers give you for "configurations" or "ease of support" or whatever. This software is utter crap and is totally worthless. The only value that CD has is for a coaster.

It's weird but when I call my internet provider for info I get an American, speaking english. That's the reason I went with a bundle from the local phone co. No off shore call center & the same number for problems with phone, internet or sat tv. They might transfer me here & there but so far it's all American customer service.

Back