free website stats program aftermarket speedo | Harley Davidson Forums

aftermarket speedo

when i bought my 95 1200 sportster it does not have a speedometer on it at all. there is a black plastic piece that they placed between the raisers and handle bar. i assume that this is the cluster due to it has lights in it for the neutral, oil, signal lights. again i assume that this mounted in the speedo assy/bracket.
i have been looking on e-bay for a speedo assy and found aftermarket ones. such as this one.
Motorcycle Odometer Speedometer Speed Gauge Odograph LED Backlight for Harley | eBay

it is electrical so thats a plus. it also has the indicators built inside.
i know my way around a wire or 2 and know that i will have to use 2 diodes for the signal indicator. other then that.. would this be a good product to buy or should i wait for a stock unit?. thanks guys..........dan

In looking at the specs it appears to be KM/H only, not MPH . Also in looking at the wire descriptions I didn't see the VSS hook up. In looking at the parts listing for 1995 XL it shows to be VSS driven. You may want to ck. on those things.
There are after market units available thru Tucker Rocky or Drag Specialties.
tourbox

i checked and you are correct on the KM/H. no MPH. thought i saw one on there that had the red, black, white for the VSS. mine are cut on the bike so i would have to splice those in. i am going back and see if i can find the one i found the other day for VSS. i will also check out your link.. thank you for that. i found some from ness. but not for $300.00 they are pretty but not that pretty..........dan

Back