free website stats program Aftermarket Radio | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Aftermarket Radio

Does anyone have any input on speakers? How does hogtunes compare with other brands?

I have HogTunes speakers in my Street Glide and as I changed them out, one at a time, I could hear no difference in the sound. I'm old so I can't hear high frequencies like I used to. That may be the problem! :D

I need to add a stereo to my EG Standard. Looked at the kits listed above.
Has anyone done just an amp and speakers using a portable mp3 player hooked direcly to the amp input? Some of the jeep offroad guys are doing this.

Finally made my mind up. Ordered the Sony marine radio(e bay purchase), the Hawg Wired radio cradle, and the speakers and connectors from Pez at Hog tunes. I had to go to Harley for the speaker adapters. After speaking with the Tech at Harley, the HK Harley radio was not an option. They told me that my bike had no wireing for the Harley radio and if I wanted to spend the $1000 or so on it, the labor to install it would be huge. They would have to poss replace the wiring harness but that would lead to allot of other issues. With that being said aftermarket sounded like the only way to go.

Back