free website stats program Aftermarket Radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Aftermarket Radio

PeteINny

Does anybody have any experience with Hawg Wired? Looking to purchase a radio and considered one of the packages from Biketronics. However after comparing the two the Hawg Wired cradle looks better built. I would have to piece the stereo package together from different vendors if I bought the cradle from Hawg wired. I would like the Sony CDX M 60 marine radio with the system. I am not sure what speakers I want. Is it worth the extra money to go with the Hawg wired cradle or just buy the Biketronics Kit? As far a speakers is Hogtunes sufficient or would I be looking to upgrade at a later time to something else, if so what? Any opinions.....

Does anybody have any experience with Hawg Wired? Looking to purchase a radio and considered one of the packages from Biketronics. However after comparing the two the Hawg Wired cradle looks better built. I would have to piece the stereo package together from different vendors if I bought the cradle from Hawg wired. I would like the Sony CDX M 60 marine radio with the system. I am not sure what speakers I want. Is it worth the extra money to go with the Hawg wired cradle or just buy the Biketronics Kit? As far a speakers is Hogtunes sufficient or would I be looking to upgrade at a later time to something else, if so what? Any opinions.....

I have installed both, the biketronics on a friends. Like you I did not like the Biketronics mounting cradle, (don't know if it qualifies for a cradle). Thought it was a little cheezy. The Hawg Wired cradle is quite a bit more substantial and seems hold the radio much more secure. Check a little farther and I think Hawg Wired has a complete system, radio and all. Hope this info helps and good luck. I just added Memphis Sound speakers from my local shop and they seem to work fine.

Doc,
What kind of radio did you use? I would much prefer a black face radio but it seems that most of the marine radios come in silver. Also, the faceplate for the Hawg wired looks like it is made much better than the Biketronics. Is this true? In your opinion is the Hawg wired faceplate better quality? Thanks

Does anyone have any input on speakers? How does hogtunes compare with other brands?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc,
What kind of radio did you use? I would much prefer a black face radio but it seems that most of the marine radios come in silver. Also, the faceplate for the Hawg wired looks like it is made much better than the Biketronics. Is this true? In your opinion is the Hawg wired faceplate better quality? Thanks

My buddy had his own radio, don't remember exactly what brand, but I think it was Panansonic, or Pioneer. I used a Sony with USB port for my IPod. Didn't notice much difference in the face plates. Mostly what got me was the difference in the mounting cradles. Those composit blocks just don't look very sturdy. I like the steel much better. I must say its been over a year since I did the install, its was on his wife's bike actually, and it has not given any problems. Obtw, I did't use a marine radio. Speakers, I just went to my local shop and found some Memphis Sound speakers that fit the holes. They had much bigger magnets and much better sound. I think they were about 70 bucks. have fun and good luck.

Does anyone have any input on speakers? How does hogtunes compare with other brands?

I got it, the hogtune very good option, better sound compare with the stock ones. My dealer told me, is almost the same as the new boom audio speakers but cheaper.

I replaced my speakers on my bike with Pionner speakers at walmart for $38.50 dollars, I heard that was not a good ideal, but they sound GREAT, and my buddy bought more expensive J@M bike speakers for his and he swears mine sounds better than his?? maybe I'am just cheap....

I will go with Glider on his choice , i bought the Hog tunes amp and six speakers and at high speeds I only have the stock radio up half volume and the tunes come out sounding great , service from Pez was outstanding , do not buy from ebay they do get the rejects somehow

Thanks for the input. I bought the Hawg wired cradle. I now just have to decide on the speakers and stereo. I am leaning toward the hogtunes and the sony marine. Thanks for all of the info.

Back