aftermarket lower fairings

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jlouden, Feb 5, 2010.

1. jlouden

jlouden Member

im lookin to put lowers on my 08 SG. ive looked at some from the fairing factory and they look ok from a pic. just dont wanna spend $850 for oem if i dont have to. if someone has been down this road i would sure appreciate some advice on what to get. i want to be able to have glove boxes in them also. thanks

2. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

I would check Ebay or online.

3. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Ditto on ebay. You should be able to find some much cheaper than the Motor Company.

4. hapbob

hapbob Member

I kept Looking on E-Bay and found OEM Lowers with all mounting brackets for $280...When I got em they had a small scratch on the bottom where You won't look anyway...and the guy showed it on the auction...I'm happy with them and I can't wait to drive the 2008 Street Glide with em on there...

Hap

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

6. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Those look absolutely awesome. Wonder how they compare to the OEM lowers with the HogTunes speakers in them. The aero look of them is pretty impressive too.

7. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I went through the same decision process when looking to add a tour pack to my Street Glide. Initially turned off by the cost of an OEM one from HD. But the more I scrutinized the aftermarket ones, the more I realized the quality just wasn't there.

When adding something to your bike that's as highly visible as a tour pack or lowers, I just don't think you can go wrong sticking with Harley parts. The colors will match perfectly and the item will absolutely be an integral part of the bike's look, not appearing to be an add on.

Now, if you're customizing the look of your bike anyway and don't care if you stray away from the "showroom Harley" look, then by all means explore your other options.

The other reason I went with the HD tour pack was that I feel in the long run, OEM parts will add to the resale/trade value of your bike more than aftermarket parts will.

8. sharpee1

sharpee1 New Member

Would a set of HD lower fairings from a 2007 Ultra Classic fit my 2006 Street Glide?