free website stats program After Market tour trunks | Harley Davidson Forums

After Market tour trunks

Trout1

Anyone have any experience with aftermarket trunks for Harley touring models? I have been looking at the Mutazu trunks that are the same size as the HD Tour Pack for around $400.00. Not much on the web as far as reviews. Anyone?

They are a little thin but if you treat it right it won't brake or split.
You might want to change the hardware to something a little stronger. Can't beat the price, unless you find a used harley trunk for sale.

I considered this option when I added a HD Tour Pack to my Street Glide. My main consideration was future resale value of the bike. If you were looking at 2 used bikes and one had the perfectly matched HD Pack and the other was after market, which one would you be leaning towards?

The HD Pack with detachable hardware, luggage rack on the lid, and passenger backrest was right at $1100 five years ago. Quite a jump from the $400 you're looking at but it was worth it to me.

I agree with Doc. I see HD used ones on Craigslist from time to time for as little as $500. Take to a body shop and have it painted. HD has quality packs and bags.

Thanks guys,I just got back from taking a look at the Mutazu trunks at their store in San Leandro. I only live about 30 miles from it. I can tell you its feels flimsy and crappy, they want 400.00 for the king size Harley tour pack and the latches and everything about it is cheap thin and I am going to pass on it.
I would have to change the latches, and by the time I'm done its around $600. I will stick with my t bag and removable luggage rack for now, of course unless I just buy a new Ultra, ha ha

Back