After Market Mufflers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by nt6977, Aug 26, 2008.

1. nt6977

nt6977 Member

Ok here go’s. Has any of you ran after market mufflers on your bike without changing the any thing else on your bike. I want to put Rinehart mufflers on my 09 Ultra. But what else is needed. Air cleaner, fuel manager, etc. Thanks in advance.

2. readski

readski Member

had rineharts put on my 04 Heritage.... no mods.... shop where I bought them said it was ok... I haven't noticed anything ....except the excellent sound... and the compliments that I have gotten:D

3. rbmount

rbmount Member

As long as you go mufflers only, you'll be OK. If you go to true duals or add a hi flow breather, then you need to get into some sort of fuel management.

4. nt6977

nt6977 Member

Put them bad boys on today and took her out for about a 30 mile ride, and all is well. Talk to service manager at dealership and he wants to dyno it when I get a few miles on her. Hell I think he is going to pick up the tab for the run time on the dyno, cause he ask me if he could use it for a guinea pig. More...

5. 09ultra

09ultra Banned

Looks like we are on the same page at the same time. I also just bought an 09 Ultra and want to put on pipes. What do you think of the reinharts? Let me know and pics would be GREAT! Thanks and enjoy your ride.

6. EMGLIDE

EMGLIDE Member

Have An 08 Electra Glide And I Installed Rush Mufflers And Left All Else Stock,have Had No Problems Except A Little Popping On Decel At Times,hopes This Helps.

7. nt6977

nt6977 Member

8. readski

readski Member

That's your house???? WOW dude!!! where is that...different:D

9. budnlucy

budnlucy New Member

I Put Rush Slipons With 2" Baffels, Did'nt Have To Change Anything As Long As You Don't Go Over 2".

10. Jaques

Jaques Member

Those are the same slip ons I was thinking of putting on my 09. Please post and let us know how you like them!